Kilimanjaro – Interesting facts
1) Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest peak on the African continent in fact it is the highest free standing mountain in the world. It hosts 3 volcanic cones.
2) The most recent volcanic activity was over 200 years ago.
3) Valtee Daniel, a Frenchman is the oldest person to summit the mountain.
4) Bernard Goosen scaled the marvellous mountain. Bernard, suffering with cerebral palsy completed the epic task using a modified wheel chair not once but twice once in 2003 which took him nine days and once again in 2007 which took him 6 days, amazing.
5) The fastest roundtrip was completed in 2004 by a local guide Simon Mtuy. – 8 hours and 27 minutes
Mount Kilimanjaro is truly a wonder of the world. We have various guides located around this great natural wonder or even in Tanzania. Why not plan a trip to Zanzibar whilst you're in the area? Make it a trip of a lifetime. Are you up for the challenge? Why not take a Guide with www.pickmyguide.com.